Monday, March 28, 2011

First Day

Today was my first day at Community Pet Hospital.  To be honest, it was pretty uneventful.  I filled out the necessary paperwork and watched a lot of webinars on the software that is used in the front office of the clinic, where I will be spending the majority of my time.  Tomorrow I will start my training up front, and the kiddos will test out the new daycare we have decided to use.  It is an in-home situation, which makes me slightly nervous, but mostly due to my own negative experiences as a child.  The lady was recommended to me via a co-worker at the hospital, and she couldn't stop talking about how great she was, so I have high hopes.  I have met only a handful of people at the clinic, but all have been very friendly, and I think I will fit in just fine.  So... here's to another paycheck!  Woopee!
Since I have adjusted to my life as a stay at home mom, I am a little nervous about fitting everything in on top of a full time job.  Of course I managed just fine in Texas, but the kids were not involved in extracurricular activities during that time.  And there were many days that I came back from the zoo totally exhausted, with very little desire to put dinner on the table for my family.  All I can do is try my best, and hope my family forgives me on the nights I serve them cereal for dinner.  
I will say I am very grateful for the opportunity to work again, and am excited for the next page in my career.  For those of you who are wondering, I am not giving up on my dreams of being employed as a zookeeper at the Denver Zoo just yet.  I will continue in my steps as a volunteer, and when the time is right, I am confident I will reach my goal.  Thank you all for your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment