Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just a speed bump

Well, I totally had a moment of weakness tonight.  And I am okay with that.  Really.  I think that all this being patient and working towards my goal can at times be very frustrating.  I am so very blessed that I have a husband who would make everything better in an instant if he could, and who allows me to break down in his arms when I need to. 
My only disclaimer is that it is my "ladies time" (ew, I know, but I felt it has to be said in my defense).  So maybe this is why I am feeling stressed more than usual, who knows.  The tip of the iceberg was making this healthy, supposedly gluten-free meal, only to put a soy sauce type dressing on it, and realizing after the fact that it contains wheat.  Fabulous. (For those unaware, I am going gluten-free as a trial to see if some health concerns lessen).  Well, guess what Doc, I sure as hell ate it anyway.  I felt bad, but I think in light of everything else, I can made one blunder, right?
Anywho, I was feeling guilty I guess, and this got me kinda down, and then (remember folks, I am being womanly right now) I started feeling bad about other things too.  Like how I still haven't heard back from the trainer of the Wildlife Show at the Denver Zoo, when she told me they would decide on their candidate by Thursday.  So yes, I had me a little cry.  At the dinner table. 
Not one of my finer moments.  But ya know what?  It helped.  A lot.  My husband was there for me, and my babies got all concerned about mommy, and I felt good, like someone knows what I am worth and makes sure that I know it too.  So even though I am still feeling a little sorry for myself, I have been more than reminded of what I do have to be grateful for. 
So this is just a little bump in the road I guess.  And I've seen my share of speed bumps and lived to tell the tale, so here's to hoping this story won't be any different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment