Friday, March 11, 2011

Hopeful Once More??

So today I had an interview.  No, it wasn't for a zoo position.  The title is "Animal Care Attendant", or as my interviewee says, an ACA.  This is a support position at a veterinary clinic in Golden, which is just outside of Denver.  The hospital is huge, with a total of seven doctors, and a multitude of technicians.  The staff I met were all very nice, and I feel the interview went well.  The hours would be a mix of mornings and evenings, during the week and weekends.  Sounds all over the place, but the CVT who interviewed me said it would be consistent every week, and we could do whatever would work for me and my family schedule.  So.... do I dare hope that this might be my next step?  The pay is not great, but I think I would really enjoy the job, and it would be great experience to have under my belt.  Besides, after 90 days I would be eligible for benefits, and a possible raise. 
Either way, I sort of feel at this point that whatever is meant to happen will happen.  I am sure if it was a carnivore job at Denver I would be stressing out completely, but I have this very calm feeling about me.  If I don't get it, then I'll just keep plugging away.  As Tom Krause (a motivational speaker) says, "There are no failures- just experiences and your reaction to them". 

PS. I will keep you all posted.  I should hear back within a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment