Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Blues

It's been a rough couple of days in the Brown household.  Well, at least for me.  The kiddos are mostly oblivious, aside from being yelled at by their angry mom a little more.  And Paul is doing his best to hold me together, bless his heart. 

I got the dreaded phone call from the zoo yesterday.  Sorry, we really liked you, but we chose another candidate.  Same old story.  Well, I shouldn't say that.  At least I had a chance to interview.  My emotions ranged from disappointed, angry, sad, and frustrated to downright depressed.   Paul is definitely my rock right now.  As he told me before the lights went out last night, "Tomorrow is another day". 

And today was a little better.  I found a few postings on Craigslist for vet clinics and doggie daycares.  I've already received one email back.  Unfortunately these types of positions pay poorly.  But as I told my husband, at least it would get me out of the friggin' house!!  After that I took the kids to the library.  For some strange reason, this is the first time we have gone since we've been back.  We used to go almost every week in Texas.  So I now have an Elizabeth George novel and a popular gluten-free cookbook/love story to read.  Hopefully this will lift my spirits a bit. 

The weather is supposed to warm up again tomorrow, and hang around for a few days.  I hope this will give us a chance to soak up some sun, and chase these blues away. 

3 comments:

  1. Maggie, may your March Blues turn to April employment! I don't know why you are being tested, but I am sure it will all work itself out in no time. Sometimes, it is hard to see that when you are in the midst of all that angst. I have complete faith in you that you will come out of all of this smelling like a spring rose.
    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Maggie-
    I agree with your dad.You are a very special talented lady. The right position is out there. just waiting for you! You are so very fortunate to have such wonderful family supporting you. Jo bear and Ben are your dear angels that will keep you centered and last, Your soul mate Paul.Believe me, you are so very lucky and blessed to have him in your life!! Keep your beautiful head up, with that awesome smile of yours dazzling the world!! love you !!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much! Love you too.

    ReplyDelete