Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dreams Are Like Fish

Whew!!  What a crazy week we've had around the Brown household.  As you can see, I haven't posted anything for awhile.  We've had Taekwondo, dance, chiropractic appts, ZooU volunteer training, a trip to Montana, the kids spent the weekend at the grandparents.... and yesterday I took the kiddos and cousin KK to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs.  (I may post about this later.)

So today is my first chance in awhile to take a deep breath, absorb everything that has transpired in the past few days and get the house back in order.  Tackling the dishes this morning, I decide to throw on some good 'ol G-Love and the Special Sauce to get me motivated.  A line from one of their songs struck a chord with me today.  "Dreams are like fish: you gotta keep on reeling!" 

How true!!  This quote has special meaning for me right now, especially after this weekend.  Thurs eve, and all day Sat and Sun I was at the zoo for volunteer training.  It was a lot of fun, and so refreshing to meet new people that share similar interests with me.  Most of the other newbies don't have an animal background, but they all feel strongly about the zoo's mission, and that's what is important.  I learned a lot about how Denver is run, and the people that make it happen.  We had several tours of the different areas of the zoo, and met some volunteers that have been in the program forever, and some that just got started recently.

After training on Sunday, I had an interview for a temporary position at Denver, in their Wildlife Show department.  This is a keeper position, taking care of the animals that are in the show, and providing support to the employees that run the program.  It is definitely an education related spot, which is a lot of fun.  The job would be March to September, and would allow me to meet some great contacts, and hopefully leave me with a great reference from someone directly from Denver.  (*YAY*)

I should know within the next few days if they offer me the job.  I am definitely thinking positively, yet I feel that even if I do not get it, at least I am in the door in the volunteer department.  This is where G-Love comes in.  Baby, I am reeling those dreams in!!  I may not be catching the prize bass, but no one is gonna stop me from making my way towards my goal.

I will leave you with a picture of Denver's absolutley gorgeous snow leopard.  What a pretty kitty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment