Monday, February 21, 2011

Ben's List

A few minutes ago, Ben came up to me and started chattering about all sorts of stuff while I was on the computer.  He has pretty much been glued to my side all day, so I was only half listening (don't judge- Mommy does have a right for personal time).  For some reason he has suddenly become a huge fan of making lists.  I think it may stem from going grocery shopping, as I like to give the kids each a few items to remember as we shop to keep them entertained.   Anyway, I caught a few words of a list Ben was reciting to me and I asked him to repeat himself.
 "Mom, here’s my list: I want a knight costume, a cowboy costume, and when I grow up I want a gun."
"Ok, so that’s your list?"
"Yup. Oh, and one more thing. When I grow up I want to be an alientoligist.". 
"What?" I asked, thinking maybe this was one of his made up words.
Seeing my confused expression, Ben says, "Oh, I mean a PALEONTOLOGIST!!"
"Oh, okay.  I think that's a great list," I told him.
And with that, Ben walked away.  I figured he was satisfied with that discussion, until he returned a few minutes later.
"Mom, I have more thing I want to do," Ben stated very matter-of-fact.
"Okay."
"Work at the zoo!!  I wanna work with the rhinos and the reptiles."
God, I love this kid.

1 comment: