Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Best Days of My Life

Ok, so I found this list online:  http://demandingjoy.com/?p=1027, and thought it was pretty neat.  I think I will come back to this when I need some inspiration.  Today I've decided to visit on #9- The best days of your life.  I am sure I will probably leave one or two out, so if if you feel the day I met YOU should be on this list, you're probably right. :)  I am also going to attempt some form of chronological order, but my memory isn't always spot on, so we'll see.... 

1.  My first day of 1st grade.  Oh my goodness I was so excited!!  I remember always enjoying that first day of school for most every grade, but this was particularly special because I was now a BIG KID!!
2. The day I stepped on an airplane without my parents.  (This may be out of order, but who cares).  I remember this day clearly, or rather the day before we left, because some jerks broke into my dad's car while we saw a baseball game downtown, and stole some of our stuff, including our candy!!  Alas, my brothers and I got some more candy to bring on-board the airplane, and flew to see our grandparents in Connecticut. 
3.  My Mom and Step-Dad's wedding.  I still tear up thinking of it!!  I would also have to include the day my mother told me that Chris had proposed, and that my best friend Kirsten was going to be my SISTER!!!  Their wedding was gorgeous. Truly an absolutely beautiful ceremony and reception on a beautiful Colorado day.
4. The day I graduated from 6th grade.  Niener, niener, niener, I am going to middle school!!!!  If I had known how crappy jr high really was, I probably would have been less excited.  Nonetheless, I remember feeling very proud of my accomplishment!
5. The day I saw my first true concert.  How independent I was!!  Well, not really, since it was chaperoned by one of my parents friends, but still, it was great.  My friends and I went to Red Rocks and saw Creed, and Candlebox.  Thinking back now, I can't believe my first concert was at such an amazing venue. 
6. The day I was un-grounded, the summer before 9th grade.  Seriously, folks, I think I spent most of this summer in trouble.  My saving grace was being allowed to spend time with my sister, who introduced me to a new group of friends. That paved the way for a lot of my high school fun.  I clearly remember getting the go ahead to be free again, though it was limited to the amount of trust my mother held in me, which was minimum at best.
7. Graduating high school. Alright, so I just skipped high school, and went straight to graduation.  That's not to say I didn't enjoy a lot of days during this time, but I had me some serious senor-itis, and was soooooo happy high school was finally done.  And no, I am not including prom, since I was actually dumped by my boyfriend at the time the night of. (Yup, after dinner.  I still had a blast for after prom though, amazingly.)
8. My first date with Paul.  I know, aw.....  It's true though.  Paul and I had been giving each other googly eyes for ever, and had spent some time in a group setting, but the day he took me to Rolland Moore to hit golf balls was obviously the start of something special.  I'll never forget the butterflies, and the thought of "why the HELL am I swinging a golf club right now.  Oh, yeah, because Paul is amazingly HOT!!"  This day solidified our relationship into "boyfriend-girlfriend" status.
9. The day I FINALLY gave birth to our first child, Benjamin. Holy cow, why does pregnancy seem to take forever?  Being our first child, Paul and I were so anxious for the delivery, and over analyzed every contraction once we were in the two week mark of Ben's due date.  My labor was pretty quick, and after being put back together by the doc, I was able to hold my precious little boy.  (Ok, here I go, getting all teary-eyed again).  Nothing up to this day prepared me for the immediate joy and love of this experience. 
10.  The day I married my best-friend.  I know, I am being super cheesy with this post!  So true though- my wedding day was amazing.  So many friends and family, and joy in knowing Paul was now my husband, and I was his wife.  It was an incredible day. 
11. The day I was offered a job at Cameron Park Zoo.  AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  Seriously, I screamed. A lot.  After months of applying to zoos across the country, and going through a stressful over the phone interview, I was offered a spot in the mammal dept at CPZ.  Finally, getting a BS in zoology was getting me somewhere!!

Wow, so this post is a bit longer than I expected, so kudos to you if you read the whole thing!!  Like I said, there are many more days that mean a lot to me, and molded who I am today.  For the sake of the blog, the eleven days I listed will just have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment