Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Pick-me-up

"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

I was looking through "my documents" on the computer today (searching through the multitude of cover letters, resumes and job descriptions), and came across this quote.  Someone had emailed it to me awhile back, and it struck a chord with me, so I copied and pasted it into a word document for further review.  (FYI- I do not know the author, sorry.)
I get my fair share of religious emails (which I usually just delete- I know, I'm horrible), and though this has a prayer ring to it, I liked it because it really can apply to any faith.  In fact, I think I am going to print this, and perhaps tape it to my mirror, or somewhere I will see it everyday.  Now, I am not one to play into the whole idea of "destiny".  However, right now I feel as though time is dragging on, and I want to be DOING something with my career, and I am having a hard time finding patience.  However, after reading this, I feel reminded that I truly AM blessed, and that my life is on a path that does have meaning, even if right now I feel slightly useless.  
The good news is the zoo just posted a part-time education keeper opening, and I received an email response last night for a part-time opening at a vet clinic close by.  Who knows, maybe soon I will be busier than I planned.  For right now, I am going to take it day by day, and relish the time I have with my children.  And I am going to be content with myself, just the way I am. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! All things happen for a reason! I am so enjoying your blogs! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments.Love you and your family!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very true. Keep on keepin' the faith and it will all play out. You may have to be deciding which opportunities make the most sense before you know it!

    ReplyDelete