Sunday, July 31, 2011

A change of plans?

Struggling to stay positive....

Haven't heard from the zoo in regards to my most recent application.  What is the deal?  How come they can't realize that I would be a great keeper?  That I AM a great keeper? How many other people are applying, and how are they beating me to the top?  I just had a bit of a breakdown in front of Paul.  I don't think he knows what to tell me.  I know he feels bad- I left Texas not because I was ready, but because he couldn't stand it any longer.  I had an amazing job w/ amazing animals and people working alongside me who believed in the same things as me.  I missed my family, but everyday I left work feeling accomplished and loving what I do. 

Now I work at a vet hospital.  I work up front, dealing w/ people not animals.  Sure, I get to interact w/ cats and dogs, and feel good that I am part of a team that helps them recover from sickness, or prevent it from happening in the future.  And a lot of the people I work w/ are smart, and fun, and really enjoy what they are doing.  Me?  I am in the in between stage.  I used to have a great job, hoping to have it again, but right now just earning a paycheck.  SOMETHING has to give.  And believe me, I am not proud of the self pity I am projecting right now.  But I am ANGRY. 

So what now?  Do I back down, stop applying, give up?  Is it even "giving up", or is it maybe just realizing that I need to adjust my goals?  I'm not sure.  All I know is that I am ready for something more.  And I am tired of being rejected.  I really thought persistence was going to win.  A year later, I am wondering how long I can keep this up without heading a different direction just to keep some sanity. 

Okay, I am stopping the vent now.  If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I welcome them.  Even if you want to tell me to suck it up, I would appreciate some outside views....

No comments:

Post a Comment