Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Daddy Tells Jo a Story

Last night the kids had a friend spend the night.  They were playing downstairs and when I went to check on them, and found Jo putting something small up one of her nostrils.  Looking closely, I realized it was a coffee bean.  Now, obviously my motherly duty compelled me to tell her not to put anything up her nose.  But I knew this wasn't my forte, if you will, so I took Jo's hand and walked her upstairs.  I led her into the office, where Paul was reading his magazine. 
"I would like you to tell your daughter a story," I requested.  "One about putting objects up your nose."
I walked away and let Paul take over.  This is one subject Paul has experience with, and he dealt with it in all seriousness.  He told Jo about his own experience, putting a raisen up his nose when he was about 4 or 5.  Well, the raisen expanded, and Paul ended up in the ER to get it removed.
"It was VERY ouchy," Paul explained.
"VERY?" Jocey asked, uncertain.
"Yes.  You don't EVER want to put anything up your nose, trust me," Paul replied.
Meanwhile, I was in the living room, trying not to giggle.  Don't get me wrong, I realize that it really is a  serious topic, but I was very amused with Paul's story.  If he only knew that when he was a father, his experience would be relayed to another curious little one who was wondering what would happen if this little object goes up my nose...

No comments:

Post a Comment