Thursday, April 14, 2011

Long time no write!

So I have pretty much fallen off the face of the blog world.  I guess that's what happens when you start a new job!  I figured I better stop by and write a quick update...

First of all, the job is going great.  I am learning a lot about how a vet hospital runs, and all the components necessary to make it successful.  I am finding that Community Pet Hospital (CPH) is a great place to work, and a great place to bring your animals.  Although I miss working directly with animals, I feel that I am fulfilling an important role.  I am waiting to hear back from the Denver Zoo in regards to becoming a Keeper Asst.  This would be a couple days a month, and I would be assisting keeper prepare diets and other duties that would free them to do more training or enrichment with their animals.  I know at Cameron Park Zoo it was always nice to have volunteer help so that we could be more productive.

On an unrelated note, my wonderful mother-in-law took myself, the kids and their cousins along with Paul's sister to see Disney on Ice here in Denver.  It was a Princess spectacular!!  I am so grateful to Nana for giving the kids an opportunity to see the show.  This was the first time I had been to an ice show I and I will say it was a lot of fun!!  I was impressed with the props they used, and the kids were certainly enthralled!!


We also took Ben to his first Taekwondo tournament.  We are so proud of his accomplishments!!  Ben has learned so much already, from blocks, punches and kicks to being respectful and improving his listening skills.  Ben's involvement as a "tiny tiger" in the tournament was limited of course, but it gave him the opportunity to watch the black belts spar, and see them display their skills with weapons.  And the rest of us were quite entertained too!  Below is a picture of Ben and the trophy he received for participating. 


Some of you may know that we've had to rearrange our daycare the past two weeks.  The provider we chose (whom we LOVE) had a family emergency- her son was involved in a motorcycle accident.  We have decided that Denise is just too fabulous to pass by, and are therefore more than willing to make other arrangements while she fulfills her role as supporting mother to a young man who truly needs his mother during this horrible experience.  It is unclear as of yet whether he will be able to pull through without major issues.  He has some brain trauma and his lungs collapsed after the accident.  It seems that each day is different, but the fact that he is alive is a miracle in itself.  We are doing our best to support Denise and wish her and her family the best of luck in recovering from this tragedy. 

On a lighter note, tomorrow is my first payday!!!  Yay for the opportunity to work hard and be rewarded for it!  The past couple weeks has required a lot of adjustments for everyone, but I feel we are moving in the right direction.  All in all we are very blessed to both be working, and to be back in the wonderful state of Colorado surrounded by loving family and friends.  Until the next post... take care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment