Monday, April 25, 2011

Heading in the right direction...

I figured I would write a few lines to update those of you who haven't heard about my newest zoo development.  I applied for a "keeper assistant" opening through the volunteer dept at the Denver Zoo a couple of weeks ago. (Yes, I am already a volunteer, but they make you put in an app for this particular activity).  To be clear, this is strictly volunteer hours, not a job.  I was accepted, and placed in the bear, sheep, coati and a few other random animals area.  I will be helping the keepers out on the 1st and 3rd Mondays each month.  This should allow me to meet a few more ppl in the animal care areas, which will prove beneficial I hope.  Thankfully my supervisor at the vet hospital is open to working around these days without a fuss. 
Speaking of the hospital, everything is continuing to work out well so far.  I am really enjoying working with people who have such unconditional love for their pets.  It is rewarding to be a part of a team that provides quality care for these animals.  I am learning the doctors, and who can be pressed for answers, and who is better left alone. (One particular technician seems to hate the world, including everyone who works with them.) 
We are still struggling a bit with daycare.  I am frustrated that the kids are not getting consistent care from the same person.  I am trying really hard to be understanding of our provider and allow her to put her son first in his road to recovery.  However, I have to put MY kids first, and having fill-ins and working around our providers schedule is proving to be a hassle.  I am willing to tough it out though, so long as things calm down before too long. 
Well, Paul finally went to the Dr. to see about his allergies.  This is after he suffered through a solid month of misery.  They didn't do too much for him, other than recommend some OTC items.  However he seems to be better.  On the other hand, I am now dealing with a cold, which of course had to come just in time for Easter!  At any rate, it is spring, and we just got a solid rain.  Things are blooming and I am determined not to let this cold bring me down!!
I hope everyone else is enjoying their spring as well.  Until next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment