Thursday, January 12, 2012

A New Year

Does anyone else feel that New Years resolutions are ridiculous?  Why is that Americans only want to better themselves one time a year?  And we all know how long these "resolutions" really last.  I did post on facebook that I want to make more time for family and friends.  Which is true, but it's not something I just thought of because it's suddenly 2012.  I think we all struggle with TIME and the fact there is just not enough of it.  I find it hard to fit everything in and still have time for doing nothing.  Because honestly folks, doing nothing is important too, at least to me.  Sometimes I realize that months have past since the last time I have seen my best friend, or that I haven't seen my cousins in over a year.  And I feel guilty. Does anyone else ever get the urge to simply buy all the plane tickets they'd like to, and screw the credit card debt that ensues?  At least you would know you get to see a slice of the world, and are doing it with the ones you love.  But.... I am cursed with my mother's practicality and realism, so I'll just dream it in my head. :)
Anywho, I suppose I better throw in a quick update.  No, I have not gotten a job at the zoo yet. (Shocker, right?) Please be aware that I will surely shout it from the rooftops when I do.  The only opening right now is seasonal, and doesn't pay as much as the vet hospital.  As far as the hospital itself, well I have good days and bad days, like anyone else.  Some days I feel like ripping out my hair, jumping over the front counter and screaming, "What the HELL am I doing here?" in the front lobby.  Other days I get into a rhythm, and truly enjoy myself.  I may be able to start training in the back a little, but am uncertain.  I seem to be sensing that my goals for this place don't exactly match up with what admin envisions.  Oh well.
Ben is thriving in school, and is starting to read.  Dr. Suess, you are my hero.  He complains about having to go to BASE (the after school program), but I think he honestly does enjoy it.  Jocey is at a home daycare that I wish I could change.  There is nothing wrong with the woman who runs it per say, except she NEVER turns the t.v. off.  It's a constant background noise.  I wish we could afford to put her in a preschool, but it just isn't feasible right now.  I know my little one is a smart cookie, so I have no fear that once Jo hits kindergarten, her potential will spark and she will be an excellent learner.  (By the way, in SEVEN months, Ben will be in 1st grade, and Jo goes to kindergarten.  This is quite exciting to them both- they seem to be pretty into the concept of time right now.)
Most of you know that Paul was just promoted.  He will be running Swiss machines, which are brand new and in the fore front of machining technology.  He ran Swiss when he worked at WaterPik, but hasn't since, so he is very excited.  This will boost his experience, and hopefully better prepare himself when Paul takes the leap to start his own company. As far as timing on that, who knows, but more than likely another few years yet.
Lastly, we have slowly started house shopping.  Paul and I are interested in building, but I think it's obvious we are not ready for that step in our lives.  Therefore, we are starting to look in Arvada/Westminster areas right now (just west of Denver).  Our lease ends in May, so I am hoping we can finish out Ben's school year and then find a more permanent home.  The idea of owning a home again is pretty nerve racking after our last experience.  We are not even really sure we will be approved for a mortgage, but I guess we'll find out soon.
I hope this post finds you all well and happy.  Love you all!  I will leave you with a pic from xmas:

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Particularly "I think we all struggle with TIME and the fact there is just not enough of it. I find it hard to fit everything in and still have time for doing nothing."

    Yes, people need to do nothing once in awhile. It's just as important as eating or sleeping especially when you're burning the candle at both ends.

    I was just driving around running my errands yesterday wondering about when I'd see another blog from you (I love following your life) and here one is! I now feel Brown updated.

    Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete